How to Install Lightroom Presets
Installation in Lightroom is very straight forward. In only a few minutes you will have your presets installed and be editing your images.
My Lightroom presets are compatible with both Adobe Lightroom (CC) and Lightroom Classic. You can also use them in older versions of Lightroom 4, 5, and 6, since I still offer the .lrtemplate preset file format for all of my products in addition to the newer XMP format.
You will find a couple of lists of instructions here. The process for installing presets is different for Lightroom and Lightroom Classic. Follow the instructions which suit the program you are using. To get started, your presets should already be downloaded from Gumroad as a ZIP file.
Installing presets in Lightroom Classic (version 7.3 or later)
The instructions are for the latest versions of Adobe Lightroom Classic, released since mid-2018. You need to have version 7.3 or later. For older versions of Lightroom Classic, see the instructions below.
- Open Lightroom Classic and go to the Develop module. You will see the modules listed at the top, right. You will be in the Library module when the program is first opened.
- On the left you will see a section called Presets. You will see that there are already some basic presets listed. These come bundled with Lightroom.
- Click on the + icon at the top right of the section.
- Select Import Presets from the dropdown menu.
- You can now navigate to locate where the downloaded presets ZIP file is located. Select Import.
- Your presets will now be listed in the Presets section.
Installing presets in Lightroom 4, 5, 6 and Lightroom Classic (version 7.2 or older)
The instructions are for Lightroom 4, 5, 6, and Lightroom Classic (CC) earlier than version 7.3 (April 2018) using the .LRTEMPLATE file extension instead of the newer XMP format.
- Open Lightroom and click on Preferences and go to the Presets tab.
- Click on the button Show Lightroom Presets Folder.
- Double click on the Lightroom folder, then double click on Develop Presets folder.
- Extract the ZIP file and open the folder 'Lightroom 4, 5, 6 and CC or Classic CC before Apr 2018 (.lrtemplate-files)' and copy the folder 'Northlandscapes - NAME OF THE PRODUCT' into the Develop Presets folder.
- Restart Lightroom and you‘re done!
Installing presets in Lightroom (CC) — Mac or Windows
These instructions are for Adobe Lightroom 1.3 onwards.
- Open Lightroom CC and click on the edit icon at the top right. The icon looks like three sliders—three horizontal bars with circles on them.
- At the bottom on the screen you will see a Presets button. Click this.
- The presets panel is now revealed.
- Click on the icon of three dots at the top.
- In the dropdown menu select Import Presets.
- Now locate where the downloaded presets ZIP file is saved and select Import.
- All of the presets will now be listed in the Presets panel.
Can I use the presets on my mobile device?
Yes, you can. The Northlandscape Lightroom presets are compatible with Lightroom on your mobile device. You can use them on both iOS and Android devices.
However, you must install the presets in the Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic) desktop application on your Windows or Mac computer first. Once they are installed, the presets will automatically sync to your mobile device via the cloud. See also: Step-by-step guide by Adobe.
Professional Lightroom Presets for Landscape Photography
Discover my Lightroom preset packs (free and premium) for landscape, travel and aerial photography. Whether you’re just getting started or you’re a professional photographer, these are the ideal presets to speed up your editing workflow in Lightroom and Lightroom Classic.
Available preset packs: Dark & Dramatic Presets | Moody Landscape Presets | Aerial & Drone Presets | Polar Landscapes Lightroom Presets | Black & White Presets | FREE Dark & Moody Lightroom Presets | FREE Autumn Forest Presets | ★ Complete Lightroom Shop Bundle ★