Cinematic Lightroom Presets
Quickly achieve an atmospheric and cinematic look for your landscape and urban photography in Lightroom.
Create images in Lightroom that look like stills from movies and completely transform the narrative and feelings of your photos.
The preset pack consists of 15 different and finely tuned color schemes: from warm and vibrant tones to dark and more dystopian looks. And yes, the science-fiction thriller Blade Runner 2049 was definitely a huge inspiration for these presets.
Developed for the new Color Grading module in Adobe Lightroom
IMPORTANT NOTE: All 15 Lightroom presets use the latest Color Grading feature of Lightroom (October 2020 release) and Adobe Camera RAW. This means that these presets are unfortunately not compatible with older versions of Lightroom. Please make sure you have at least one of the following versions installed:
- Lightroom Classic (Version 10.0 or higher)
- Lightroom (Version 4.0 or higher)
- Adobe Camera Raw for Photoshop (Version 13.0 or higher)
For Lightroom Mobile you have to use this synchronization method via Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic) on your desktop computer to use the presets.
Find out more about the presets:
Which photos work best with the presets?
The presets work for a variety of image themes: From misty mountain landscapes to urban night photography to abstract details in nature with a rather monochrome color scheme. Below you will find a selection of unedited RAW photos to get a better idea. As you can quickly see, blue skies and sunny days are not suitable for the use of these type of presets.
Before and after examples
The examples give a realistic impression of the presets. Only the basic settings like exposure, highlights or shadows were adjusted manually; everything else is based on the presets.
◕ Please wait a few seconds while the examples are being loaded.
Example photos with a more abstract and bold look
The following example images show a significantly more abstract and creative use of the presets.
One image. Numerous looks.
Often a variety of color looks can be applied to the same image with great results, as shown in the example images below.
Please keep in mind that after setting the exposure correctly and applying your favorite look, you still need to adjust the basic settings of each image before going into the fine-tuning process. In particular, you’ll need to tweak the highlights, whites, shadows and blacks in the Basic panel of Lightroom.
- 15 Lightroom presets (only XMP format) for Lightroom Classic (Version 10.0 or higher) and Lightroom (Version 4.0 or higher), developed for the latest Color Grading feature of Lightroom (October 2020 release)
- Compatible with Lightroom Mobile using this synchronization method via Lightroom on your desktop computer
- Also works with Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) in version 13 or newer - that means you can use the presets in Photoshop, too!
- Optimized for JPG and RAW images
How to buy?
You can buy and download the Lightroom presets via Payhip, a secure marketplace for digital products. Payhip accepts Paypal and all major credit cards.
✔ Need help with your editing or photography business? → See my coaching offer
Please make sure that the presets are compatible with your Lightroom version. → Read more
Master Collection: Get all 8 Lightroom Preset Packs for $65
This product is also included in the Master Collection by Northlandscapes, along with seven additional preset packs for moody landscape, travel and aerial photography. Get a total of 8 preset packs with a shop value of $258 for only $65! And the best part: All future product releases are also included!
Included in the Master Collection:
- Dark & Dramatic Lightroom Presets $35
- Forest Landscapes Lightroom Presets $35
- Landscape Essentials: 20 Lightroom Presets ($39)
- Signature Lightroom Presets $35
- Black & White Lightroom Presets $29
- Cinematic Lightroom Presets $15
- Aerial & Drone Lightroom Presets $35
- Polar Landscapes Lightroom Presets $35
- ... plus all future product releases!
Whether you’re just getting started or you’re a professional photographer, this is the ideal preset collection to speed up your editing workflow.
More about the creator of the presets
My name is Jan, and I'm a visual artist and fine art photographer based in Hamburg. My work focuses on atmospheric and abstract landscape photography of the distant North: Norway, Iceland, Greenland and beyond. Read more about me, discover my fine art and landscape series or learn about my coaching services for photographers.