Coaching & Workshops
If you’ve found your way here, you’re probably asking yourself that big question: Is it possible to make a full-time living from landscape and travel photography?
Yes! You can have the rewarding photography career and lifestyle you dream of, travel the world, and work on your own schedule...but it takes planning. Strategic planning, commitment and most importantly: patience. A lot of it!
The good news is, you’re not the first to take that leap. A little over 8 years ago, I began down my own path toward photography as a full-time endeavor (more about me). It’s been an incredible journey, with plenty of bumps along the way. Worth it? Undeniably. But there are many things I wish I’d known when I was starting out, and even a couple of months ago...so much is changing! I’m here to pass along what I’ve learned.
No closely-guarded secrets to success here- my philosophy is all about sharing knowledge. By working together, we teach, challenge, and inspire one another...elevating the entire industry in the process!
My key focus areas
I can help you identify a range of potential income sources for landscape and travel photographers, both active and “passive”. My background in online marketing and web design (I designed this website) have been very advantageous to my business, and put me in a good position to guide you as you begin your self-promotion efforts. I can help you understand the different platforms and tools available and how to create a client-friendly website. I also offer hands-on instruction in post-production with Adobe Lightroom and general workflow improvements.
Business development and strategy consulting
- A general overview on how you can earn money with travel and landscape photography (Traditional jobs and alternative/passive income sources like stock photography, e-books, prints, Lightroom presets etc.)
- Pricing: what are your photos worth? Settle on the right price and licensing model
- How to get sponsored as a landscape & travel photographer
Website and social media: How to attract the right kind of clients
- The perfect photography website- key elements for success and small changes you can make to improve your site immediately
- How to use Behance and Adobe Portfolio for networking and client acquisition
- Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter: use them to your benefit and avoid the pitfalls
Post-production with Adobe Lightroom
- An introduction to artistic editing and fine art photography (→ related projects: Memento Mori / Last Days / Arctic Silence / Beyond No Man's Land / Ice on Black / Remnants)
- How to achieve a cohesive, “signature” look people will recognize you for
- The optimal workflow for landscape and travel photographers
The nomadic working life as a landscape and travel photographer
- My tips and tricks, gathered over 10 years as a digital nomad
- How to combine active and passive income streams for ultimate freedom- accept only the projects that appeal to you, and work because you want to, not because you need to!
Every story is unique, and it’s important that you find your “niche” and what works for you. Between my own experiences and dialogues with other successful photographers, I’ve learned a lot of different strategies that could fit your situation. I can help you find the best way to market what’s special about your own work, for a sustainable, fulfilling career.
For the most personalized attention, a 1-on-1 session is the way to go. We can speak in person, online (Skype/Google Hangout), or over the phone. Sessions cost 120 EUR/hour, with a minimum of 2 hours per session.
All my coaching sessions and workshops are held in English or German.
If you’re interested, but unsure whether I’m the right fit for your specific questions or problems, just email me! I’ll send you some questions that will help me understand where you are in your career and what you’re looking to gain from the coaching session. I’ll also be honest if I think I’m not right for the job. I almost always have a colleague to recommend that will cover the material you’re looking for. It’s all about sharing!
If you’d like to combine coaching with an unforgettable travel experience, consider my custom photo tours in Iceland or Norway.